Second Judge Temporarily Blocks Trump From Ending DACA as Senate Debate Stumbles
Image via Getty.
Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through
the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m still thinking about Louise Linton’s bird
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- A second federal judge has blocked the Trump administration
from ending DACA, ordering them to continue processing
applications and renewal requests while litigation is ongoing.
- Meanwhile, the Senate’s immigration debate doesn’t seem to
be going so well. Reports are unclear as to what precisely is
WRONG WITH THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OH MY GOD? [Politico]
- “Originally from Bangladesh, Syed moved to the United
States in 1987. He is fifty-five years old, teaches chemistry
at a local college, and has three children, all American
citizens. ‘I’d heard about this stuff happening on the news,’
Taseen told me. ‘I just didn’t think it could happen to us.’
His father has been in detention since his arrest.” [New
- Intelligence leaders warned the Senate Intel Committee that
Russia will work to influence the 2018 midterm elections.
- Environmental groups are suing the Trump administration for
dumping fracking waste into the Gulf of Mexico. [The
- Please do keep in mind, when you gaze at Obama’s official
portrait, that Sean Hannity believes that artist Kehinde Wiley
inserted ‘secret sperm cells’ within the painting. [The
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to
This has been Barf Bag.